Please read the following General Terms and Conditions very carefully as they affect your use of the Website and your rights.
1.1 Your use of the Website is subject to these General Terms and Conditions together with any more specific Terms we may draw your attention to before you purchase any product or service from this Website.
1.3 The following definitions apply
- Consumer shall have the meaning ascribed in section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- General Terms and Conditions means these terms and conditions.
- Specific Terms and Conditions means the Specific terms and conditions tailored to cover any product or service that you may purchase through the Website, and which take priority over these General Terms and Conditions to the extent of any conflict between them.
- Website or Website or Site means the Website you are browsing when you clicked on a link to these General Terms and Conditions, including all subsidiary pages.
- We or us or ourselves refers to the organization whose name is identified to you on the Website. Please note that, because these General Terms and Conditions apply to more than one Website, references to We or Us in their General Terms and Conditions means the company, partnership, or other organization that is identified on the home page of the Website you were browsing when you were referred to these General Terms and Conditions.
1.4 Information contained on the Website:
- While we take all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on the Website is accurate and up to date, we make no representations, warranties or undertakings about any of the information content or materials provided on the Website (including, without limitation, any as to quality, accuracy, completeness or reliability).
- All material on the Website is provided for information purposes only. We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
1.5 Updates and Changes:
- The Website is being updated and improved on an ongoing basis. We reserve the right to change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without any prior notice and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal; and
- Changes to these General Terms and Conditions or to the Specific Terms and Conditions may be made at any time and your use of the Website, or the purchase of products or services, are subject to any such changes. You agree to check to see if any changes have been made to the General or the relevant Specific terms each time you visit the Website or purchase products or services from it.
1.6 Exclusion of liability to you from the use of the Website:
- The Website is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Any and all liability to you that may arise from your access to and use of the Website, whether due to negligence, breach of duty or otherwise, is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- No warranty is given that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
- We are not responsible for the content of other Websites that link to the Website, nor are we responsible for the content of any Website to which links are provided from the Website. Links to other sites are provided solely for your convenience and do not imply that we approve of those sites.
- Nothing in these General Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of ourselves for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence or that of its employees or agents.
1.7 Copyright and Trademarks (Intellectual Property):
- The copyright in all materials on the Website, including their design, layout, text, graphics, photographs and the source code and software belong to their respective owners. Trademarks (whether registered or not) company names and the like are the property of their respective owners.
- You are licensed to view and temporarily store Website pages and their content in your browsers temporary cache, and also to print out for reference a single copy for non-commercial purposes and off-line review. You may not sell or re-sell anything available from the Website, save to the extent expressly permitted pursuant to any product or service purchased by you from the Website where such permission is either expressly given or is a necessary attribute of the product or service concerned.
1.8 Force Majeure – Supply of products or services ordered through the Website:
- In connection with the supply of any products or services ordered by you through the Website, we shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of our obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lockouts, accidents, war, fire or failure of any communications, telecommunications or computer system, and we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of our obligations to you (to the extent we owe any such obligations) should a force Majeure event occur.
- If a Force Majeure event to which this clause applies shall occur, we agree to notify you as soon as practicable. If the Force Majeure event continues for more than 14 days, either party shall have the right to cancel the agreement and where services have been paid for in advance but have not been rendered, you will be entitled to a refund from the date of cancellation for all such services.
1.9 User Name and Password:
- The website may provide the facility to register in order to gain enhanced access privileges or in order to purchase products or services. Once you register, it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your User Name/Login ID and Password. On no account should you disclose your password to anyone else. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss or damage we may incur resulting from a breach of this clause.
1.10 Data Protection:
- We take our obligations of confidentiality and the protection of your personal data very seriously. We will not, therefore, sell or make your data available to any third-party without your prior consent, except for the following limited purposes.
- Your data may be passed to other companies, partnerships or organizations in the same or associated management or control as ourselves for marketing purposes or to provide you with new product information that we think may be of interest to you. You agree that we or our associates may communicate with you by telephone, email, fax, or by post to advise you of new products or services that we or our associates may offer. You understand that your data may be transmitted and stored overseas (including outside the European Union) as part of these processes.
1.12 Terminating the use of the Website:
- We may withdraw or suspend your right to access or use the Website at any time, without prior notice and without providing any reason.
- No waiver by us (whether express or implied) in enforcing any of our rights shall prejudice our right to enforce such rights in the future.
- If any provision of these General Terms and Conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- In the event of there being any conflict between these General Terms and Conditions and the Specific Terms and Conditions that apply specifically to the purchase of certain products or services through the Website, the Specific terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- No person who is not a direct party to any agreement covered by these General Terms and conditions shall have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of the Agreement.
- Where you are a consumer, you have the right to cancel any contract for the provision of goods or services, by notice in writing, at any time before seven working days have passed from the day after the contract was made. If, however, we have started to perform our side of the contract before you exercise your right to cancel, then the right to cancel is lost.
- This clause applies where these General Terms and Conditions or the Specific Terms and Conditions provide expressly or by implication for the service of notices.
- Any notice required to be given under our Agreement with you or in connection with the matters contemplated by it shall, except where otherwise specifically provided, be in writing in the English language.
- Any such notice shall be addressed to the usual business address of the other party and may be:
- personally delivered, in which case it shall be deemed to have been given upon delivery at the relevant address if it is delivered not later than 17.00 hours on a Business Day, or, if it is delivered later than 17.00 hours on a Business Day or at any time on a day which is not a Business Day, at 08.00 hours on the next Business Day; or
- If within the United Kingdom, sent by first class pre-paid post, in which case it shall be deemed to have been given two Business Days after the date of posting; or
- If from or to any place outside the United Kingdom, sent by pre-paid airmail, or by air courier in which case it shall be deemed to have been given seven Business Days after the date of posting in the case of airmail or two Business Days after delivery to the courier, in the case of air courier;
- Sent by facsimile, in which case it shall be deemed to have been given when dispatched, subject to confirmation of uninterrupted transmission by a transmission report provided that any notice dispatched by facsimile after 17:00 hours on any Business Day or at any time on a day which is not a Business Day shall be deemed to have been given at 08:00 on the next Business Day; or
- Sent by electronic mail (email), in which case, it shall be deemed to be given when received but subject to the same provisions regarding receipt after 17.00 hours as apply to notices sent by Facsimile.
1.16 Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
- Your use of the Website and the purchase of any products or services from it are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or difference whatsoever arising out of or in connection with your use of the website or the purchase of any products or services from it.
Specific Terms and Conditions
2.1 These Specific Terms and Conditions are applicable to transactions (including purchase and/or subscription) made through the Accountant Online website at www.accountantonline-uk.comand subsidiary pages.
- The term Accountant Online or we or us or ourselves refers to the owner of this website, that is, ACCOUNTANT ONLINE whose registered office is at 172 Pitsford Street, Birmingham, B18 6PS.
- The term ‘you’ refers to the user or the viewer of this website.
- The term Annual Accounts or Abbreviated Annual Accounts or Statutory Annual Accounts or Financial Statements refers to the set of Un-Audited Financial Statements.
- The term FAQ’s means Frequently Asked Questions for www.accountantonline-uk.com
- All orders that you place through this Website are deemed to be a deliberate intention and/or an offer by you to purchase and/or subscribe the products or services that we supply subject to these Terms and are subject to acceptance of the order by ourselves. We may choose not to accept any order without providing a reason.
- You are presented with a range of choices during the ordering process. It remains your responsibility to ensure that you carefully read and understand these choices before you proceed with any purchase. Please contact us via email if you are unsure about anything before you proceed with a purchase (Please note that while we endeavor to respond to enquiries promptly, we cannot guarantee to do so. It remains your responsibility to take advice about the product or service you intend to order before the order is placed).
2.4 What you receive:
- Accountant Online is a group of professional online accountants and tax practitioners, offering preparation and/or filing services of various statutory documents and we make use of electronic filing facilities available from the concerned government authorities.
- You will be entitled to receive and/or avail the service components that we expressly describe on the various service or packages offers.
2.5 Services not included in the product purchased by you from us online:
Our products do not include any of the following in respect of any of the packages we offer for sale online:
- Auditing of your financial statements
- Any other services not expressly mentioned.
2.6 Price of Packages and Services:
- The price for any package or individual service that you purchase from us is as set out under the option you select and unless otherwise stated, all prices exclude VAT at the prevailing rate.
- The total purchase price, including VAT (if any), will be displayed in your shopping cart prior to confirming the order.
- We reserve the right periodically to update the prices on the Website and to add to, amend, or withdraw the packages and services that we offer, without prior notice. Every effort is made to ensure that the prices are correct, but in the event of serious error, any transaction shall be voidable by us and you would then be entitled to a full refund.
- We shall not be liable to anyone for withdrawing or amending any of the products we sell, or for refusing or failing to process an order.
2.7 Incorporation of General Terms and Conditions:
- These Specific Terms and Conditions must be read together with the General Terms and Conditions stated above. The General Terms and conditions apply to any agreement /contract /understanding between us and to your use of the Website generally, including for the avoidance of doubt, Clause 1.16, the jurisdiction and governing law clause.
2.8 Credit and Refund Policy:
- Although, we make every possible effort to provide reliable services, occasional disruptions or interference may occur due to circumstances beyond our control. At our sole discretion, we may consider issuing a credit only when services are disrupted. Due to the perishable nature of our services, we DO NOT offer refunds once a service has been ordered.
2.9 Proof of Identity:
- As essential company services providers, our ongoing services are subject to client identification legislation including The London Local Authorities Act and Know Your Client rules generally. We may need to ask you to provide proof of identity and the provision of services will be subject to receipt of this information.